Monday, May 26, 2008

Fuu fuu. Nostalgia barrage.

Out of sheer curiosity (and the utter boredom that preceded it) I decided to visit my old blog. Yeah, it's still there. Like what I said to...to...feh, I forget who it was I spoke to back then.

But anyway, I told that person (whoever it was) that reading old diaries is like drinking liquor; you write journals, forget about them for a couple of years or more...and when you find them again, lurking in an almost-forgotten corner of your room, you'll find them a bit refreshing, a tad more entertaining to read.

I got depressed, though, when I found samples of my old drawings posted on that blog.



Yeah, they're not that old, and they're not that remarkable either - my L fanart does sport what could be the CRAPPIEST halftone filtering. I'm just a bit sad that I couldn't draw to save my life these days. I think I already bitched about that fact a few weeks ago. But I really tried to draw again - I sat myself down with my old tools of the trade: an HB and a 2B pencil, gum eraser, my favorite Pilot sign pen etc etc...and tried to draw.

My hand just cramped up just a few minutes into the sorry exercise. *sigh*

Yeah, I'll try again. There's no reason not to. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood. I'll try, try, try again. I want to feel that feeling of accomplishment again. Maybe make myself proud with the fact that hey, I managed to complete a drawing, even if it's not the greatest scribble on the planet.

...and God I hate writing multiple posts per day. Just shows how much free time I have on my hands; or rather, how much of my work time gets converted into free time. See? Injustice, right there in your faces.

0 comments: