Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yay, a new tartol post!

It's been a long while since I blogged about my red-eared slider, Squirtle (or Tartol, as he is most fondly called in this household). He's doing fine, and his shell has grown to about four inches long in length.

He gave me a momentary scare, though, when he suddenly stopped eating just recently. I checked him for signs of disease, but could find none: he had good, clear eyes, hard shell, and most of all he was as feisty as ever. Turns out that he just got tired of his usual brand of pellets, and the problem was rectified by getting a different brand of turtle food and by soaking the pellets in smelly, disgusting mackerel juice before giving them to Squirt. He's now eating happily, as always.

So far he's doing good, but I don't know any veterinarian whom I can approach in the event that Squirt gets sick or something. Does someone know a vet who is knowledgeable in treating turtles? D: The vets I asked so far only deal with mammals. Boo.

 
Raar.

0 comments: