Monday, January 19, 2009

Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop Hollywood adaptation

I'll put this here before I comment any further:

No, I'm not dissing on Keanu himself, and I think that he's a decent actor. Keanu was great as The Matrix' Neo; he was good enough as Klaatu in the rather bland remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Should they give Spike Spiegel's role to a guy who can only do one facial expression? Particularly, the :| face? I'm all for giving Keanu a chance (can't do anything otherwise), but I got sorely burned with his portrayal of John Constantine, who was still his signature poker-faced man - only with shades of emo and a little dash of snark.

Anyway...sure, let Hollywood do its thing. They already spat and stepped on Dragonball; after a decent Street Fighter movie adaptation with Van Damme and Raul Julia in the early '90s Hollywood decided to shit on the well-known IP properly by making Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li. They really can't do any worse than that.

Before you breathe a sigh of relief, check this out:

Tobey Maguire in Robotech film; gets Smallville writers

I'll keep my tongue (fingertips) in check until I see any trailers/screenshots. Oh yes, Hollywood is also planning on doing live action Akira (CUH-NEY-DUUUUUUH!!!) and Ninja Scroll. All's good.

I'll just stare at this gif to give me a little bit of happiness for a change:


Staring at tree frogs, for some reason, make me feel that all's right in the world.

...I think Squirtle would have to say "Hello!" to a froggy neighbor sometime soon.

1 comments:

Pepito said...

FFFFFFUUUUUU-

Keanu Reaves can't even do the rage face.

Oh Hollywood. Stop messing with anime!